Letter of Introduction

160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031                                                                  1/29/20

149-00 10Ave College Point, NY 11378 

Good Day Professor Rodwell,

I am a freshman attending City College currently on an electrical engineering path. I am a full-time student who is having trouble on deciding what type of engineering I would like to pursue. Though my academic goals are to do well in my classes to be able to attain a bachelor’s degree in engineering and possibly even go for a masters or some thing even higher I still am not sure what path to take. For this English class I really don’t know what to expect terms of the type of writing I would be expected to do compared to freshman composition, but I think it would be very technical, precise, and objective.    

Through last semesters classes I was to shorten the list of what types of engineering I would like to do, there is still so much I would like to explore. For I long time and I still do want to pursue Aerospace engineering, however I would like to also pursue a degree in electrical, mechanical, and chemical engineering. For me finding the right one for sure seems like an impossible task. Though this is what I feel like sometimes I think would like to pursue a career in aviation and aerospace engineering or in energy. I think these two professions are very interesting and important because of how the world is now because with the earth slowly becoming uninhabitable looking else where for home might be a solution.

The importance and necessity for engineers is crucial to the development of civilization because the innovation of technology and advancements of different methodologies will change based on what people do. This is apparent through the fact that now global warming is a very serious threat and engineers could be the key to solving this problem.

From Matthew Acuna